Learning More About Myself Everyday...
Well I have officially decided to become "one of them." One of the millions of bloggers out here in cyberspace. I have chosen to write as an outlet for myself, and maybe someday for others.
For those of you who know me, you know my story. Over the last year, my entire world has done a one-eighty. I went from a 'career driven, non-stop, super woman wannabe, go-getter, passionate, respected girl on fire' to a person 2 years ago, I wouldn't have even recognized.
But don't let my brief explanation confuse you. The changes I have made have been the biggest blessings in my life. You see, fifteen months ago, my husband Mike and I were blessed with the two most beautiful, precious gifts in the world. We became the parents of identical twin boys. (Yes, there will be plenty of entries about these two to come!)
If carrying and welcoming twins into the world wasn't "life changing" enough, I decided to leave the job I worked so hard to get, and one that to this day, I still love. I was (it's still hard to see that in past tense) a proud and successful television news anchor and reporter for the NBC affiliate in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. The reason I left? Well there isn't just one...
- My husband got a job offer that we financially could NOT turn down. We had to move to Philadelphia, away from my job.
- I had been working every weekend for 2 1/2 years and missed out on a lot of important things in life.
- I felt like my insane work schedule was taking away from my most important title, MOM.
- I loved my career, but the company I worked for was down right AWFUL. I won't call them out by name (at least not today), but let's just say, they made it easy to leave.
- After seven years of living far away from everyone, we decided we wanted to live closer to family and friends.
- To put it plain and simple, We ALL needed a change.
I was fortunate enough to immediately get hired to start up a PR and Marketing division for a doctors office. I only work 20 hours a week, sometimes from home and guess what? I make my schedule. Now I get to spend a lot more time with my boys.
But the grass isn't always greener on the other side and Mike says it best when he reminds me, "You always want what you can't have." Now I am trying to navigate through my new life, to find the best balance of being a mother, a wife and career woman.
I decided to start this blog because there are probably lot's of women like me. I want your help and maybe someday, when I figure it all out ;) I can offer some advice of my own.